

Many of Sunday's papers continue their coverage of the fallout from Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's arrest on Thursday over suspicion of misconduct in public office. The Sunday Mirror leads with claims from the Royal Family's former head of protection that "there was a conspiracy of silence" over the former prince's relationship with disgraced paedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein. Such claims prompted calls for an inquiry to discern "who knew what and when?" the paper writes.


The ex-Royal's protection chief's "calls to question 'silence' over Andrew scandal" also leads the Sunday People.


The Observer leads with a zoomed-in photograph of Andrew leaving the police station earlier this week, under the headline of "nowhere to hide" and "monarchy in peril".


Former prime minister Gordon Brown "demands civil servants face questions over taxpayer-funded flights" used by Andrew to meet Epstein during his time as a "trade envoy between 2001 and 2011", the Sunday Telegraph reports. Brown wrote letters to six police forces urging "a full investigation into the trade envoy role, its cost to taxpayers and any evidence that links Mr Mounbatten-Windsor's government work to Epstein", the paper says.


The Sunday Times says "Metropolitan police officers were instructed to provide security for a celebrity dinner party at Jeffrey Epstein's New York home", citing newly-released emails. According to the paper, the 2010 dinner party was held in Manhattan to honour Andrew, where "two royal protection officers from Scotland Yard" were stationed outside.


"Parliament should decide if Andy & Mandy have committed treason", reads the Sun on Sunday's headline, leading with Conservative MP Tom Tugendhat's calls for an investigation into Andrew and former ambassador Peter Mandelson. The paper quotes Tugendhat's calls for a "special committee" to probe both men's "links to Jeffrey Epstein", which "would have the power to summon witnesses and demand documents".


The Mail on Sunday reports "King Charles was warned as long ago as 2019 that the Royal Family was being 'abused' by Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's business associations", quoting a whistleblower's emails to Buckingham Palace seen by the paper. It reports the emails tipped off the palace that "the former Duke had secret financial links to controversial millionaire financier David Rowland", as the emails "threaten to draw Charles further into the crisis". The BBC cannot verify the claims made by the Mail on Sunday and the former prince has previously denied any wrongdoing in relation to Epstein.


Melvyn Downes, the SAS Who Dares Wins star, leads the Daily Star on Sunday's front page with his criticism of Andrew, calling him "arrogant and ignorant". The paper reports that the TV star and author met the then-prince while serving as a soldier in the Staffordshire Regiment.


The Independent leads with a "harrowing dispatch" from one of its journalists who travelled to Nikopol, southern Ukraine, marking the four-year anniversary of Russia's full-scale invasion. "The only place to hide from Putin's killer drones is our underground school", reads the headline, featuring a photograph of teachers and students "using a cellar as a makeshift classroom".


And finally, the Sunday Express leads with Dame Priti Patel's "mission to save Chagos". The shadow foreign secretary "flies into Washington today on a mission to stop the Chagos Islands surrender," the paper writes, adding that if she succeeds in brokering a U-turn on the current deal, which Donald Trump opposes, it could cause "fresh humiliation" for Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer.





3 hours ago
2








